Monday, November 8, 2010

First Official Post!

Welcome to Pitter Patter Babies Matter!  I am currently at a conference in St. Louis.  I am enjoying an ice cream sandwich in my hotel room that I have ALL to myself!  AHHHHHHH!  Anyway, I attended a training session today on social media.  I realized that there are many amazing stories that only reach the office of my supervisor.  We have a weekly RA! RA! session.  This is all well and good, however our funders would  definitely enjoy hearing these personal stories, and certainly the parents in my program would be encouraged to hear of each other's successes. So, blogging seemed like the best way to share these amazing stories of strength and growth in my teen parents.  Of course, for me personally, when there are those days that feel like there are few successes and that I am paddling up stream I will be sure to go back and read my posts for my own personal encouragement! 

Now to find some followers to share these thoughts with....

9 comments:

jskogerboe said...

Good for you Heidi! God bless you - this can be a great way to share your thoughts with all kinds of people. Praying God uses it to bless you and all who read. Way to go, friend. :-)

Heidi said...

Thanks Josh! This is fun!

Unknown said...

Way to go, Heidi! What a great way to get information out there for people that care to know!

heidi said...

Thank you Lynn! You're awesome!

Julie said...

sent this to Red Lake where the circle of "gowing" teen parents began...maybe we will hear from those folks....an amazing blessing for all involved and this a great way to share..way to go my girl..Mom

Diane Brooke said...

Hey Heidi, Great job! Way to take a leap of faith into social media to promote your passion and educate others. I have been saying I will start a face book for BabySwim, I need to follow your lead. It's fun for me to see your passion for the kids and families.

Heidi said...

Thank you Dianne! You should start a blog. It is pretty easy. I am still trying to figure stuff out, but it is fun. More blogs to come!!! :)

Carolyn said...

I love stories, especially ones with glimmers of hope. Keep it up. The teens you work with are blessed to have you in their lives.

Unknown said...

A very important issue to blog about Heidi and I'm afraid that with the cuts of federal funding from Planned Parenthood, we will only see a rise in teen pregnancy rates.